Old 15-09-2003, 11:42 PM
FOW

Default Sawdust as mulch

As a wood worker I use the sawdust in my beds all the time . Stay away from
using Walnut sawdust and Camphor wood dust. I cut down a Camphor tree in my
yard and used the stump grindings to ammend one of my garden beds. BIG
MISTAKE ! Now not even weeds will grow there. Time to do some serious
digging to get the rototilled in Camphor wood bark out of the bed !
I love to garden, but my lower back pain get's in the way.
Beer and Vicodin seems to help, but what a way to live?

"AnonnyMoose" wrote in message
My husband needs sawdust for a building project and will have a lot left
over. Is sawdust suitable to use for a mulch to keep weeds down under
quaking aspen?

Karen