Old 16-09-2003, 03:12 AM
Henry Doolittle

Default Hauling Uphill

You need a story teller. Year dosn't matter, place dosn't matter. "I
remember back in "X7" up in the _____ mountains we were up hunting. Worst
dang year for sketers. Big. Had to use a shotgun on them. Four of them
grabed Jimmey from behind. Didn't even see them comming. Flew off with him
to feed their young. Then a cold front came in. So cold the flame would
freeze right on the end of the match. Had to rub 2 match flames togeather
to warm them up to the point where we could start a fire. There we were
cold, out of amunition, out of food, snowed in. The bigest bear you ever
seen came into camp. Grabed an icicle and shoved it into the gun, aimed and
fired. The icicle went into his brain and melted, died of water on the
brain. Used the skin to build a teepee and survived the winter."

Henry
"David Hill" wrote in message
"..... One of them will look over the edge and say "we had this problem

back
in 07" and while he is talking the rest will get the job done. .........."

Well if he was around in 07 (I presume you mean 1907) then it's best for

him
just to talk and not be hauling logs with the others.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries