Old 16-09-2003, 03:34 AM
Michael Persiano

Default [IBC] "yamadori" boxwood

In a message dated 9/15/2003 2:05:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:
The REAL question here, of course, is why are we English-,
French-, German-, Swahili-speaking growers of artistic small
trees in pots bothering to use the term "yamadori" when
"collected" does as well (or better) and in most cases is much
more accurate.

The same goes for "nebari" and "shohin" and a whole host of other
look-what-I-know terms. There are legitimate and very clear
English (or other) equivalents.
And . . . then . . . why call is bonsai? );-)

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
The Michael Persiano Bonsai Studio

++++Sponsored, in part, by Dale Cochoy++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++