Old 16-09-2003, 04:52 AM
Roger Snipes

Default [IBC] "yamadori" boxwood

Many, if not all, endeavors, hobbies, professions, etc., have their own
jargon. Learning and using the jargon ensures that everyone who is a part
of the activity knows what others are talking about. Why should we resist
using the jargon of bonsai, only to replace it with common terms that may or
may not clearly describe what we are talking about. Should doctors,
engineers, football players, musicians, etc., dump the jargon of their
respective endeavors? Or, should participants in the sport of bonsai learn
and use the jargon of bonsai?

Regards,
Roger Snipes Spokane, WA Zone 5, or maybe Zone 6.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it,
and then misapplying the wrong remedies. Groucho Marx (1895-1977)