Old 16-09-2003, 06:33 AM
zookeeper

Default OT - Newsgroup server problems

Well, I'm soooo frustrated. After weeks of only one or two messages a
day, and many missing messages in threads, I discovered our local
newsgroup server seems to be hiccuping, or in the past few days, not
even breathing. Out of 661 threads posted recently, I've received only
about ~240 messages. The only way to read a thread completely is to read
it somewhere on line, which takes up too much of my time and ties up my
phone for too long. If I had any extra money, I'd get DSL installed now
and maybe even choose a different ISP.

Sorry for the vent -- hope all your ponds are well and thriving. We've
had a few days of rain and a 20* drop in temperatures, then a few days
of sunshine and a 15* rise in temperatures, so the koi don't know what's
up or down. But they're still begging for food -- one even sits at the
surface with his mouth open and sucking until I toss something in it,
whether it's koi food, an earthworm or a piece of pond plant. Too funny!

There, now I feel a little better, posting about my pond.
--
zookeeper
3500gal pond, 13 pond piggies