Old 16-09-2003, 11:42 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] -privets or ligustrum

In a message dated 9/16/2003 1:01:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

privets or ligustrum anyway i bought one about a
month ago in northeast Arkansas and brought it back to
southwest Kansas well it started to shed leaves and i
don't know what to do because i think it is a Japanese
privet

I have a Chinese import Privet that tends to get a leaf disease
similar to black spot on roses which I treat with a systemic fungicide, removal of
yellow leaves and especially removal of leaves from the pot if I miss any
before they drop.
When we bought this in south Florida all the leaves were very yellow.
It is a heavy feeder.
It is also going to drop leaves due to cooler weather.
My suggestions.
1. purchase and use a grandular system rose food/fertilizer
and use about a teaspoon a month on your plant during the growing season.
2. make sure it is wateered when needed, if pot bound they
can dry out very quickly.
3. keep the plant outdoors unless the temperature will be
below freezing.
4. repot the plant in early spring to a good peat based
potting mix.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

++++Sponsored, in part, by Dale Cochoy++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++