Old 16-09-2003, 02:12 PM
Adrienne

Default attack of the summer zucchini

(rdoiron) wrote in message . com...
Anybody else out there running out of good ideas for preparing
zucchini?

Check out the zucchini page of Kitchen Gardeners International, a new
nonprofit organization that promotes a closer connection between
people and their food:
www.kitchengardeners.org/zucchini.html

Zucchini can just go crazy can't they? I heard a good tip, shred them
and then freeze them as you can then use them in lots of recipes such
as meatballs, sauces, soups or even cakes (yep, you can make chocolate
zucchini cake, or sweet or savoury zucchini breads). Also freeze
chunks for soups/stews, but this takes up room in freezer and they go
a bit mushy, but still ok.
Stuff them with just about anything, from a chili bean mix to a tuna
stuffing to the good old sausage meat/herb stuffing. Small ones are
excellent shreded or thinly sliced in salads. Try sauteeing with
garlic, butter and a bit of cream at teh end (not very "lite"). I had
kilos of them this summer and only one went bad before I used it.
Hope this helps!