Old 16-09-2003, 02:32 PM
RedForeman ©®

Default Flourite Alert for other beginners 8^)

broken and become smaller??? that's the only answer I can come up with
because when I set up this tank, I had more than I do now... I know I lost
some gravel to washing, but the flourite was and is on the bottom... when I
pulled the UGF plates, and looked at how much there was.... there was less
than I started with.... or just compacted, or smaller...

maybe it just 'seemed' to have dissolve.... maybe?

"Chuck Gadd" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 23:45:59 GMT, "RedForeman ©®"
wrote:

creates more... makes sense, especially now, when after breaking a tank
down, and rebuilding it, I've learned that flourite, breaks down over

time,
and dissolves....

No, it does not dissolve. Not sure why you have less than when you
set the tank up, but it has never dissolved or broken down over time
in any time I've ever seen.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua