Old 16-09-2003, 02:42 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default String algai in hose?

String algae will survive almost *any*thing. As long as light reaches it, it
will grow. If possible, replace your flex hose with (as suggested above)
black hose or PVC. Once it starts, you will never get rid of it and it will
become a constant maintenance hassle. Sorry.

Lee

"Carl Beyer" wrote in message
I have clear hose from my pumps, and going from my fludized sand filter
to my UV to my gravel filter, I noticed some algae growing in the hose.
Looks like string algai.

I didn't think it would survive in a 350GPH flow...

Any thoughts on how to clean out? My guess is running a string through
the hose with a brush

Carl

http://www.cobaltbluefilms.com