Old 16-09-2003, 03:22 PM
Shell91

Default privacy nightmare!

In our case we have a neighbor who's son had a band and liked to practice
all day and nearly all night. The band liked to play the anti-police rap
trash. Till the police showed up. The police had to pull their car up to
and touching the garage door and blast their siren to be heard. Since then,
no problem And I'm not saying who called the police We have another
neighbor who put their security light so that it comes on every time a car
drives by and shines into my parents bedroom window. My dad went over and
moved it a tiny bit. No one said anything and everything is fine

Shell

"Bill Spohn" wrote in message
Since I have two neighbors who believe in living life at full
volume on their back decks, I really can sympathize . . . we've
got birches, willows, poplars, red twig dogwood, olive, grape
vines, and burning bush all planted to help with the view . . .
wish we could do something about the noise -- why on EARTH would
someone want to discuss the intimate details of their finances /
sex lives where the whole neighborhood can hear?

Well some people don't think anyone else is listening - you might try
commenting on what they are saying sometime, to someone on your side of

the
hedge. "Oh man - did you hear that? Someone actually invested in X??"

As for the music, I have people on one side that have kids who have

outdoor
speakers. They also listen to (c)rap music. I have found that by pulling

my own
speakers out and listening to something like Wagner at full attack volume,

they
get the message pretty quick and turn the volume down. For the ones that

have
all night parties and go to bed at 9 AM, I find a 9:15 start time works

well.

I haven't had to resort to full volume Art Zoyd yet (I think it might kill

the
hedge), but am prepared for the worst!