Old 16-09-2003, 03:42 PM
Aozotorp

Default "Preservationists" accelerate bark beetle infestations

(Aozotorp) writes:

Groups like The Nature Conservancy and The Audubon Society have an
interest in wildlife habitat.

Interesting =Two of the most attacked groups by the right!

No, they are not. TNC has as many republican supporters as democratic
supporters. Your comment is just another feeble attempt to demonize
conservationists.

You have to be kidding me! The Nature Conservancy has been attacked for
handling its finances = it was just called before Congress and the way it buys
land and sells it to the Government! I have no doubt Moderate Republicans (all
5) support TNC; but you best search the literature before you say that!

The Audubon Society has apparently, at least for the moment, fought off
the left wing takeover like the one that converted the Sierra Club from a
conservationist organization to a radical preservationist organization.

Ford foundation was attacked for giving money to the Audubon Society not the
Sierra Club!

It is interesting to note that, since the preservationists took over the
organization, the Sierra Club has quit doing anything but raise political
funds. They no longer support conservation projects of any kind.

Oh to the contrary. The Denver Chapter devotes a lot of its funds to fund
taking inner city youths to such as wilderness otuings and survival trips in
the wilderness! You best check that out again! I notice the elk people, last
I heard had spotted buying land to protect it! Seems that is a problem on the
right also!

would hate to see the Audubon Society fall into a similar trap. However,
I suspect that, unlike The Sierra Club, The Audubon Society has too many
members who really know something about birds and the environment. They
will be much harder to bullshit than the members of TSC.

Have you ever read an Aubudon Publication?? It is full of polical info just
like the Sierra Magazine! I know I belong to the Aubudon Society!

The conversion of The Sierra Club from an active conservation
organization to a preservationist political front was an engineered
political coup, accomplished without a vote of the membership. They
rigged the ballot and only let their supporters vote. The shift was
accomplished on the vote of only 12% of the membership. I know I didn't
receive a ballot, nor was I asked my opinion. Fine. I am no longer a
member.

Never was BUB = I would have no idea!

If you want to attack someone, attack The Sierra Club. They deserve it.

--
http://home.teleport.com/~larryc