Old 16-09-2003, 04:42 PM
mad

Default frogs!

how do you fasten down the netting so that nothing gets under it? with my
above-ground stocktank pond, all i'd need is a drawstring. but i can't
figure out how all y'all do it.
mad
--
Red meat is not bad for you. Fuzzy green meat is bad for you!

From: "Jim Humphries"
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 17:24:47 GMT
Subject: frogs!

Actually, netting seems to disappear from view when installed. I resisted
netting my pond for too long until I got tired of the depredation. The
edges of our pond are about 6" or more above the ground.
--
Jim Humphries, former visa officer
"Donna" wrote in message
om...
This morning I caught and removed the 4th bullfrog of this season. I
don't remember having any last year -- this is only my second year for
the pond. We have seen frogs eat a variety of creatures this year.
The first one ate toads and two of my large fish. This last frog ate
a field sparrow.

Besides placing a net over the pond (I don't even want to do this with
lilies and rocks everywhere -- it would look bad and I don't even
think work), does anyone have any ideas -- or what has worked for you
all?

Donna