Old 16-09-2003, 07:22 PM
dstvns

Default Deer Problems

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 12:36:30 GMT, Heidi
wrote:

Out of curiosity, are your dogs primarily indoor or outdoor dogs? I
wonder if the deer do not come near you b/c the dogs are in the yard, or
b/c of the smells your dogs have left behind when they go outside to
relieve themselves, play, etc..

The spring before last I planted a cherry tree in an area "frequented"
by my dog on a daily basis. They ate it down to the stem with my dog
barking into their ear 5 feet away at the window.

Just like with nearly all wildlife, the only thing that motivates them
to leave is a direct fear of mortality...if a dog hasn't killed,
chased or injured any of them in their lifetimes, then it is not a
threat.

Dan