Old 16-09-2003, 07:22 PM
Eric the Red

Default Is there a max height for garden trees ??

Thanks to all for the replies.

From what I can find out on the net the trees are Leylandii.

It looks like they are not at their fully grown state yet so are likely to
cause a problems in the future I will investigate the the cost of cutting
back and possible removal.

The trunks at the base must be 10 inches in diameter. Is there any use for
the wood it if was cut properly and dried out ? Or is it just good for
firewood.

Eric.
"Eric the Red" wrote in message
I have recently moved to a house in a typical surburbain area. At the end

of
the garden there are some conifer trees that must be over 30 foot in

height.
With the way that the sun moves throughout the day they do not affect the
light in my garden but one of my neighbours gardens must be in constant
shade. Nothing has been said by the neighbour but I feel I should cut them
down to a more reasonable 15 to 20 foot. I would like to keep some height

as
they obsure the view to a rather ugly building behind the houses.

Am I under any legal/bye law obligation to cut the trees down to a lower
height?.

Due to the dry summer the trees to look abit brown towards the top and
edges. If I cut down at this time of year am I likely to kill off the

trees.

I am planning to build a large shed in front of the trees so I would

rather
do any cutting now so I do not risk damaging the shed at a later date.

Eric.