Old 16-09-2003, 07:22 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

Default Is there a max height for garden trees ??

The message

| Dangerous? How far can you fall into a Leyland cypress? Just cut from
| the top down so you can't fall on any sharp bits.

Well, you can climb up a ladder and bounce off the outside, landing
with a thump or perhaps on something sharp.

I have a short-ish bit of hedge fashioned from truncated Leyland
cypresses. Having truncated them further, I now can clip the sides with
shears. And, to get to the top, I disappear inside and climb the
trunks..

You can also have the bit you cut off fall onto you like a hammer,
possibly using a branch as an anvil.

You have to be *VERY* careless to let that happen. Anyone who could do
that might get some sense knocked into them.

| And don't try removing the bottom third first unless you have a good
| supply of skyhooks.

A good general rule, I agree.

Yes, cloudclamps aren't up to the job.

--
Rusty Hinge
No m'lud, it wasn't a sneg. My joints creak.