Old 16-09-2003, 09:22 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Passion Fruit - When to pick

In article ,
Jaques d'Altrades wrote:

I have some granadillo vines grown from seed. Closely related to
passionfruit - anyone know if they are hardy enough to grow outside?

That's easy - no. Outside the warmest parts of the UK, P. caerulea
is pretty well the only hardy one (and even then it tends to be
herbaceous). According the the books I have seen, none of the ones
grown for their fruit are likely to be hardy even in the warmest
parts of the UK. But a lot of the genus will do well in pots
outside in summer, if given some protection in winter - and that
doesn't necessarily mean more than being kept dryish and frost-free.

Which species is a granadillo?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.