Old 16-09-2003, 09:32 PM
Frogleg

Default privacy nightmare!

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:49:54 -0500, zxcvbob
wrote:

Shell91 wrote:
As for the music, I have people on one side that have kids who have
outdoor speakers. They also listen to (c)rap music. I have found
that by pulling my own speakers out and listening to something like
Wagner at full attack volume, they get the message pretty quick and
turn the volume down. For the ones that have all night parties and
go to bed at 9 AM, I find a 9:15 start time works well. I haven't
had to resort to full volume Art Zoyd yet (I think it might kill
the hedge), but am prepared for the worst!

Avant Garde music, like George Crumb, "Music for Amplified Piano" or
somesuch. I have some old LP's of his that are wonderfully awful. :-)

Most urban/suburban areas have noise/time restrictions that are fairly
easy to invoke. The first line of defense is, of course, asking the
offenders (or the offenders' parents) to tone it down. My own opinion
is that anyone is entitled to a couple of loud, late, annoying parties
a year. If they become a regular feature, I complain first to the
residents, and then to the cops. "Dueling stereos" is, IMHO,
counter-productive. I really prefer working from a moral high ground.
That is, *I* am entirely blameless, but am suffering awfully from the
excesses of others. And hope no one remembers the night I felt obliged
to play Bach organ fugues at full volume.