Old 17-09-2003, 12:43 AM
Pip

Default Starting a small pond.

Thanks to all replies - it has certainly given us some good starters to go
from.

Nige & Co - what lovely pictures - The hole looked mighty deep (hard work!),
but it all seems to be working and looks good in the 6 months you have
achieved it..... gives us something to go off. Good for you (& the frogs)!

Okay - Next question.... when would be the best me to start it (fill it)?.
Is there any particular time of year that would be best to start a pond.
Nige seemed to have got good results starting in March.

I have a friend (on groovey 's advice) who has a pond who will give me a
bucket full of water plus whatever is in it, and I just wondered when would
be best for the pond life to do this ?

(Ian - I love your mouse trailer thingy !)

Best regards and thanks for replying
Mags