Old 17-09-2003, 01:24 AM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] -privets or ligustrum

In a message dated 9/16/2003 1:10:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

I'm curious here Billy. I grow my ligustrums in the same mix

I use for A.
palmatum (which certainly contains no peat) and they grow

fine.

Well, mine dry out very fast because it become root bound

very quickly. It
may do well in other mixes, but Scotts Metro Mix 500 has worked

well for me.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

Privet is one of those trees that you may need to repot two or
even three times a growing season. Their roots grow to fit the
available space -- and then some. I just repotted one of my
mame; it is unhappy, but it was unhappier with roots that had
crowded out all the soil.

Happily, it is a very tough genus of plants. They seem to take
all the abuse you can hit them with.

I use the same soil I use for everything else -- and it varies
depending on what I have at hand.

Jim Lewis -
- Tallahassee, FL - The phrase

++++Sponsored, in part, by Dale Cochoy++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++