Old 17-09-2003, 01:25 AM
dixie dumplin

Default Advice

Hi I have been lurking and decided it was time!!
My name is Brenda I live in Detroit Mich where the weather has turned
off just great.
I need to ask a question here...
ok here goes...... all this summer I have made flower beds (wow broke my
back on this stuff) had such beautiful results... but every so often my
husband decides the plants need to breathe and digs up all around my
plants which messes up my beds..Now I have been a florist for thirty
years.. and have never heard of this..
I have such common plants..mums..
marigolds..nothing to be really worried about the care of...
Am I mistaken that this action Doesn't have to happen... the plants are
well watered and in good light and doing great!! is there such a need
as to let them breathe and dig the soil up around them..
couldn`t this disturb the roots...
just wanting to know....lol
a very nice group you have here... didn`t mean just to jump in with
questions... but I have to know before I take my stand :-)

~Bren