Old 17-09-2003, 01:32 AM
peri

Default privacy nightmare!

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 19:16:26 -0400, "GIJane"
wrote:

What do you all think of a mounding earth first and then putting the fence?
This would give her the privacy within a year rather than waiting for the
trees to grow in? Of course, drainage would have to be considered in the
design.

I tried that. If your city is like the hole where I live, the
bureaucrats, beancounters, buttinsky neighbors, and other low-lifes
will yell. Seems that here, at least, the grade of the property is
registered and fences are measured from 'established grade', not from
a mound of dirt that I carefully piled up to make my 8' fence reach
12'.
you might want to check for zoning restrictions before you break a
sweat, like _I_ didn't :(