Old 17-09-2003, 03:03 AM
jammer

Default Pond/Waterfall Questions

Terrific water fall !

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 18:38:36 -0700, "GoldLexus2000"
wrote:

We moved into our home this past May. We bought the house
from my bestfriend. With the house we inherited a Waterfall and
Pond. We LOVE IT!! We have never spent so much time in a
backyard before now.
Anyway, now that winter is coming we will need to shut down
the watefall. We can't afford to run it and the furnace. It has
a very large pump to pump the water up 14ft to the top. So
as you can imagine it is a little spendy to run but well worth it.
My question is should we drain the pond? Or leave the water in?
If we don't drain it how do we keep the water from stagnating?
We don't have any fish in it right now.
Also when is the best time to put plants in the pond? Here is
a link to the waterfall
http://www.integrity.com/homes/Nikki...r_new_home.htm
as you can see the pond could use some kind of plants in it.
Does anyone have any good websites on pond care?
Thanks!!

---