Old 17-09-2003, 03:42 AM
walms

Default privacy nightmare!

Thanks for the entertaining posts folks! Nothing would please me more than
moving to a secluded area. I was raised on a 250-acre farm so the idea of
living in the burbs will probably take a lifetime to get used to.
Unfortunately, moving to the boondocks is not an option anytime soon.

There is an existing 6-foot fence that separates our properties but it is
located in a swale giving me about 4 feet of privacy. The good news is this
area gets all the run-off, which should help vigorous growth. I really don't
have a clue about how to classify my soil; my best guess would a mixture of
loam and clay. The area gets full sun all day and I'm not concerned about
privacy in the winter months.

At the moment I'm leaning towards a row of deciduous trees. I did the trig
and confirmed that the ideal height would be about 14 feet.

Anyways, thanks for the comments.

New list...

Pergola

Laylandii