Old 17-09-2003, 07:32 AM
dstvns

Default American Cranberry Bush

On 16 Sep 2003 18:48:17 -0700, (Joe) wrote:

Hello Everyone. I live in central Ohio and recently moved into a new
home that has a large row of American Cranberry Bushes. It appears
not to have been trimmed in quite some time. It is about 10-12' feet
tall and about 6' wide.

One thing - It is starting to lose some leaves - they are turning
brown in sections and falling off. Other sections look fine with
green foilage and red berries, others just have berries with no
foilage, and others are not looking so good at all. It been dry here
lately and the first thing I am going to do is water it thoroughly.

Can anyone offer any pointers? Or point me to a good website?

They really enjoy watering....not as much as their lowbush bog
relatives but they enjoy some. Give them quite a lot, they will
recover quickly as long as the deer don't browse them.

Dan