Old 17-09-2003, 09:42 AM
Charlie Pridham

Default Climbers for my arch

"Saffy" wrote in message

"Pam Morris" wrote in message
Last weekend I added an arch to my garden and now it needs some nice
climbers. I would like, if possible, to avoid the usual suspects such

as
clematis, honeysuckles & roses. I've nothing against them but would

rather
have something different.

After much page turning and web browsing I have come up with two
possibilities that I quite like the sound of - Actinidia Kolomikta

(splashed
paint plant) and Tropaeolum speciosum (flame nasturtium). According to

what
I've read they should both be okay in my chalk soil and the position

they
would end up in (the arch faces east & west) Does anyone out there have
either of these plants and/or words of wisdom to share about them?

Thanks,

Pam

Both these choises are VERY difficult to grow on chalk, have another look
there are so many to choose from.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk