Old 17-09-2003, 10:47 AM
Victoria Clare

Default pressure treated timber and raised beds

Christopher Norton wrote in
:

The new treatments are still water borne but have other formulations of
chemicals. The one we have access to at work is a green one (the green
is just a dye) which is still a copper based treatment with a new
generation of biocides which protects against fungi and termite. This is
called A.C.Q and is from a company called C.S.I who have been developing
the stuff for 2 decades.

Any idea if this is likely to be lethal to small animals if they actually
eat some of the treated wood? I could really do with something that is
not just a coating, due to the 'scraping' problem mentioned above ( if I
use a thicker coating of something, they take great joy in peeling it off,
bit by bit...)

If it was hens or cats or something I would not worry, but rabbits will try
munching on anything! But if the treatment is specific to fungi and
insects, maybe they would not be affected?

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall