Old 17-09-2003, 12:13 PM
Toni

Default Plants in Remote Areas

"About Dakota" wrote in message
Right now I live in Bismarck, North Dakota, for now, and I must admit
there isn't much of a market for live aquatic plants. I was wondering
of some good way to buy them long distance, and what shipping methods
would be best.

I have had really excellent experiences buying from http://www.aquabid.com .
It's an auction format where folks with too many plants sell to folks with
too few. "Finny" is the single most impressive vendor I've purchased from on
Aquabid plant wise- super plants and he *labels* everything. Not everyone
does.
Aquabotanic, Florida Driftwood, Arizona Gardens- they're many online aquatic
plant vendors.

My plants usually arrive bagged in individual plastic bags holding a smidgen
of water. I have received plants wrapped in damp newspapers from a few
vendors but all the plants themselves have been great. The method of
shipment isn't as tricky as with live fish- regular Priority mail will do.

--
Toni
http://www.cearbhaill.com/aquarium.htm