Old 17-09-2003, 03:02 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default water pump

From what I've read from other posters, you would need an extraordinary
array of collectors to operate a pump of that size. The cost of the
collectors and batteries would exceed the cost of running an electrical
line - and that doesn't include the maintenance. If all you're planning on
running is the waterfall, I guess it wouldn't matter too much if it didn't
run at night or during inclement weather. However, if it's also supposed to
do your filtration/aeration, you need that running 24/7/365. Solar is not
good for that.

Good luck!
Lee

"-keevill-" wrote in message
I think I need a pump for a waterfall feature with capacity of 225 lts /
min. I am considering using solar power. Any ideas where to pick up
information about this?