Old 17-09-2003, 03:12 PM
Christopher Norton

Default pressure treated timber and raised beds

The message . 6
from Victoria Clare contains these words:

Any idea if this is likely to be lethal to small animals if they actually
eat some of the treated wood? I could really do with something that is
not just a coating, due to the 'scraping' problem mentioned above ( if I
use a thicker coating of something, they take great joy in peeling it off,
bit by bit...)

If it was hens or cats or something I would not worry, but rabbits will try
munching on anything! But if the treatment is specific to fungi and
insects, maybe they would not be affected?

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall

Specific to wood boring insects rather than mammals as far as I can
ascertain. I can look further into it if you want me to.

--
email farmer chris on
Please don`t use