Old 17-09-2003, 04:22 PM
Susan H. Simko

Default Hurricane Isabel's possible path

Anne Lurie wrote:
Well, kids, it may be time to think about storm preparation. I just saw the
latest 5-day forecast track for Hurricane Isabel at NOAA's website
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap...151738.shtml?, and
it's not pretty! Apparently, there's a possibility that Isabel could affect
a large part of the Northeastern US and Canada(!).

I have to do final yard prep tonight. I've been waiting to see what
would happen with Isabel before deciding what extent of storm proofing
the yard/house would need.

Hopefully, this storm does not bring the power outages that Fran brought
us. We were without power for five days with Fran which is a real
problem when you have an idiot for a (then) husband and a well. He went
around draining the bathtubs that I had filled because I was "being
ridiculous and paranoid". No power for five days = no water for five
days. Yeah, I was ridiculous by trying to have some additional water
supply in the house. My current house is on city water. *smile*

Oh well, the next few days could be interesting here in NC and on the
east coast in general. Batten the hatches and I hope everyone stays safe.

Susan
shsimko at duke dot edu