Old 17-09-2003, 07:13 PM
Pam Moore

Default Raspberry problem.

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 13:03:08 GMT, Tim Challenger
"timothy(dot)challenger(at)apk(dot)at" wrote:

Autumn-fruiting rasberries fruit on that year's growth unlike the summer
varieties, which fruit on the previous year's growth. All the stems on the
autumn fruiting varieties can be cut to the ground over the winter.

I have both Summer and Autumn fruiting raspberries. (The latter are
Autumn Bliss which are NOT YELLOW.)
Last year the summer ones spred too much and I intended digging them
out. So I cut all of them, both varieties, down to the ground during
the winter.
I am now picking loads of fruit off both sorts.
I don't know if it will work with all summer fruiting ones but has
certainly proved successful this year.

Pam in Bristol