Old 17-09-2003, 08:22 PM
Phisherman

Default Favorite ground cover for shade

I planted LOV near the edge of a wooded area. It is spreading in the
direction of more heavily shaded areas (which surprised me). It is
doing much better than the Pachysandra, but the LOV looks rather ugly
in the fall. The aroma of the sping flowers is intense (my mother's
favorite).

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:21:31 -0400, "LeeAnne"
wrote:

What about Lily of the Valley? It's not a creeper like a vinca, but it
grows/spreads like mad and smells so wonderful when it's in bloom. Small
green plants with small white flowers then little red berry things :-)
Poisonous if eaten, but nobody said you have to eat them.

LeeAnne

"Kim" wrote in message
ia.net...
I live in Ohio and have several shaded areas where I would like to put
in ground cover and I just wanted to make sure I've thought of them all.
So far I have English Ivy and Periwinkle. The ivy is great, and the
periwinkle is beautiful, but it is very prone to fungus from moisture -
and the shade doesn't help dry up that!

So what are your suggestions?

-kim