Old 17-09-2003, 11:43 PM

Default Chocolate mint?

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 21:23:14 +0100, Kay Easton
wrote:

In article , Ron Clark
writes
On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 18:45:57 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

Some Americans have talked about chocolate mint. Can anyone tell me what
the botanic name is, please?

Fry's Sandwich Bar

HTH HAND now

Do they mean a mint or possibly the chocolate mint scented leaf
pelargonium?

I have some and as far as I can tell it is definitely a mint and it
definitely has more than a hint of the After Eight about it. From its
general appearance I would guess it is a cultivar of peppermint as
some others have already suggested, although the leaves have darker
veins and it seems to be rather less vigorous than common-or-garden
varieties.
--
Stuart Baldwin
news\at/boxatrix\dot/co\dot/uk