Old 18-09-2003, 01:02 AM
Shell91

Default Resident Spider

I would doubt spiders could damage orchids unless the webs covered the
orchic thickly and stopped it from getting light and water. In fact the
spider is probably taking care of various bugs flying through.

Shell

"GrlIntrpted" wrote in message
et...
I took some of my orchids to spend the "fall" in the outdoors and to

receive
a good chill to kick start some flowering. During a routine inspection I
noticed that there is spider webs in between various dendrobium leaves and
p/b's, as well as various catts, epis, phals, gangoras, etc. I'm not sure
what spider it is, but I cleaned the webs off with a moist paper towel and
I'm wondering if the spiders can damage the orchids?

Mariana