Old 18-09-2003, 02:02 AM
dkat

Default OT - Newsgroup server problems

sorry for the double post... I'm still working the bugs out. My optonline
server has 189 messages while the new one has 3191... problem is that I
can't get the good one to post....
DK
"dkat" wrote in message
et...
Thank you for this post. My news server (optonline) has been driving me
nuts. I sometimes cannot even get posts from the previous day. This is
exactly what I needed.

DKat

"xyz" wrote in message ...
ZK

There are plenty of free access news servers out there.

I am posting this test from one now. freenews.netfront.net

News Servers Posting Total Groups Total
Articles New Groups New Articles
freenews.netfront.net Y 48625 5130056
7 469562

From the list at this link
http://www.free-newsservers.com/free_list1.asp The above server has the
most groups for a server that allows posting, It does not seam to have
the best retention rate for rec. ponds (only 388 messages when I tested
it out today)

You could try my ISPs server (reader2.news.rcn.net) it MAY be READ
ONLY when logged on as a guest. I'm Not sure.

Username: guest
P/W : guest

Chagoi