Old 18-09-2003, 06:03 AM
Critical Popperian

Default 1 U.V. or 2?

At this point, as they say patience is a virtue, bigger would definitely be
faster, but once it clears you should be Ok. but unfortunately there are no
gaurantees with a pond, there a lot like people, all individuals, but that's
what makes them special....lots a luck....Claude

It's doing fantastic if you ask me.

The water is 50% clearer every day. We can see really well now. I am
so glad I installed that thingy!!! It definitely is dumping a ton of
crap in the filter. I've been cleaning it daily now.

I calculated that a given water particle goes through the U.V. maybe
every 4-6 hours so it all makes sense actually. The actual water for
the entire system recirculates every 2-3 hours (two redundant pump
systems).

I think the U.V. was just slow starting out because the water was so
green, only had maybe 6-inches of visibility. But every morning it
gets clearer clearer clearer and it's even more clear by the evening.
Our submersible lights actually penetrated the whole pond and hit all
four sidewalls tonite and we could see all of the fish!