Old 18-09-2003, 08:44 AM
Kay Easton

Default Japanese quince

In article , Jaques d'Altrades
writes
The message
from "BAC" contains these words:

No doubt jam makers will be able to supply recipes and tips.

With Japanese quinces you should have no problem with it setting.
Problems with bent spoons, maybe.

Don't anyone suggest citric acid - -nearly all commercial jam has citric
acid in it and you can taste it. I suppose it allows the makers to add
more water....

When I want marmalade I'll buy marmalade.

Though interestingly the origin of the word marmalade is from the
Portuguese marmelo = quince - the original marmalade was made from
quince. And some spanish restaurants will give you quince marmalade with
the cheese.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: