Old 18-09-2003, 10:12 AM
Toni

Default Flourite quandries...

"Connor Maltsberger" wrote in message
m...
I recently set up a 10g planted aquarium, and this time around I
thought i would try and use 100% flourite as a substrate. After
rinsing thoroughly and putting it in the tank, when i planted my
plants last night the tank was so cloudy i couldnt even see to the
back of the tank...so todayt he water was much more clear but all the
plants had a fine layer of 'dust' on them, so i took them out one by
one and rinsed them in water to get the dust off and replanted. After
i replanted tho, guess what, the water is back to its original
cloudiness so im guessing tomorrow this same 'dust' will be on the
plants again - is there anything i can do about this or is this really
a problem at all??? Any suggestions?

It will settle out in time.
Did we mention how fishkeeping teaches you patience?

Toni
http://www.cearbhaill.com/aquarium.htm