Old 18-09-2003, 10:32 AM
Victoria Clare

Default Passion Fruit - When to pick

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in
:

(talking about grenadillos)

In case the original poster is still following this.
These "Granadilla" types often require a cross polinator (a second
unrelated plant, like certain apples) to produce fruit crops, but are
certainly a better bet eating wise than the bland insipid P.caerulea
fruits!

I have a theory that P caerulea is a pretty variable plant. For example,
I've seen it described as having no scent, but both of mine have a gorgeous
scent which you can smell right across the patio, even if only a couple of
flowers are out. They are bog standard plants from a seed packet.

My guess is that the fruits may be similarly variable, as people seem to
report both nice and inedibly bland ones. Min haven't reached fruiting size
yet, though they flower well.

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill