Old 18-09-2003, 11:02 AM
Ray

Default Response on best time to water

Kevin,

The nice thing about semi-hydro culture is that - depending on the condition
you grow in and the weather - the period between waterings can be extended
significantly, and even if some plants dry out faster than other, you can
still water them all at the same time, as it's virtually impossible to
overwater.

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"Kevin" wrote in message
om...
While I'm fairly new to orchids, I can't say that any of my plants
care what time I water during the day- however, most of my plants are
very happy with whatever water they get, as I tend to underwater....
And I keep a box fan running all the time in the room with the plants,
and plenty of fresh air, so I don't have very much stagnant air.

Ya'll are telling your stories about killing plants... why is it that
my sal****er fish and coral, 2 dogs, a guinea pig, and too many
orchids live and thrive but I've killed at least a half dozen
Philadandrom's?!? Who makes the list of "hard vs. easy" anyway?

On the watering question- as to frequency- I'm trying to get
everything in the proper medium so that they all are dry the proper
amount by the time I get to watering again... like Phal's in mostly
moss because it drys slowly and the Dends in huge chunks of bark that
dry quickly, so they all could use a drink every Sunday afternoon.
Anyone had luck with such a concept? Yeah, I'm lazy. And what about
semihydro methods (Ray?) and the indivual times between watering?

Thanks again to all...
Kevin