Old 18-09-2003, 11:34 AM
Nick Maclaren

Default Sweet Potato

In article ,
"Marge" writes:
| "Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
| Any more than it is worth your effort trying to grow cloudberries.
|
| What do cloudberries tast like, Nick? Are they worth growing ? I like
| a challenge!

I have never had them! Reports vary from the ambrosia of the
sub-arctic to something only marginally more edible than reindeer
moss. I want to try them sometime.

There should be little trouble growing them in most of the UK
(they are native, after all), but they almost certainly need a
cool location. At a wild guess, they probably prefer a poorish
acid soil and plenty of water, but I really don't have any good
evidence for that.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.