Old 18-09-2003, 12:22 PM
Wendy Chatley Green

Default privacy nightmare!

For some inexplicable reasons, "Warren" wrote:

:Wendy Chatley Green wrote:
: Warren wrote:
: :Video taping someone without their permission when they have a
: :reasonable expectation of privacy (such as in their own home) is
:likely
: :to get you in a lot of trouble. Even if it's not a criminal issue in
: :your state, it could be the basis of civil litigation that
otentially
: :could cost you quite a bit.
snip
: Videotape something that is happening in your yard. After
: all, you can't be held responsible for anything that "accidently"
: appears in the background of your family pictures.
:
:
:And such a great example of self-righteousness to prove the point!
:
:"Yes, judge. I was merely videotaping all the fun going on in my
:backyard. It's just coincidental that nothing was going on in my
:backyard at the time, and the autofocus has made the background so
:clear."
:
:You don't really think anyone is stupid enough to buy that! Even Judge
:Harry Stone on Night Court wouldn't let you get away with a far-fetched
:rationalization like that! ROFLOL

I'd agree with you in that scenario. However, a little
thought and effort can set up a more believable situation:

Perhaps "I had set up a camera on my bird feeder--I'm an avid
bird watcher and I wanted to see if anything interesting arrives while
I'm at work--and this is what I found when I checked the tape."

Not everyone is as stupid as you seem to think....

--
Wendy Chatley Green