Old 18-09-2003, 02:42 PM
Chad Penney

Default Various yard questions

We have a ton of crikets which don't bother me to much they don't
cause much visible damage. My big problem this year has been yellow
jackets! They are everywhere. I live on a city lot and have taken out
two nests just on my little lot. One was int eh ground and the other
was up under our siding at the foundation. Part of the problem is our
apple tree. I tried to keep the fallen apples picked up to keep them
away but it has been pretty hard and the stinking things will eat
holes into the apple and then eat it from the inside out so you can
pick up one that looks liek it hasn't been touched yet and it has 10
bees inside it that aren't happy you picked up the apple. It's down
right dangerous to try to pick them up now. I finally went out and
sprayed the ones on the ground with sevin the other day to posion the
suckers. I don't want to take out the tree but I'm afraid one of the
kids are going to get stung..I don'r suppose they make a spray to stop
fruit development?

"Sharon" wrote in message ...
"CNB" wrote in message
Sharon,

I suspect that the reason your being overrun by bugs is because your yard

is
the perfect habitat for them. I don't know about the other things you
mentioned, but as for mosquitoes, they love shady, still yards with lots

of
vegetation around. Its not where they're hatching from but its where they
love to live as soon as they hatch. I can bet there's some pooled up water