Old 18-09-2003, 02:45 PM
UKCat UKCat is offline
Registered User

Location: Sheffield, UK
Question Cherry Tree roots

Hi, I'm a newbie to this site, so hi to everyone !

We've moved to a house where the garden has been left to it's own devices for years so we have an excellent (???) opportunity to redesign it from scratch.

At the moment, there is a Cherry Tree in place, but we are worried that the roots will crack and lift the small stone wall we wish to build.

Can anyone please advise if there is a way to contain the roots, so that they will not spread any further ? Does keeping the branches well trimmed force all the growth back to the branches, rather than the roots ?

Any advice would be great - Thanks.