Old 18-09-2003, 03:22 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Power saws and cuttoing back Leyllandi

In article ,
(alan kearn) writes:
| Nick
| i take your comments on board but i would like to say i am a
| very active person who jogs (pretty fast i might add) two miles every
| day and i am mentally alert.i wondered if you thought i meant a chain
| saw if so, i would not touch one of those with a barge pole, the type
| of saw i was trying to describe seems to be nothing more than a
| glorified Jig Saw. You are probably correct in saying i am foolish.
| The previous post says they are not very good for the job so it seems
| not a very good idea

They are not as bad as a chainsaw, but are still dangerous.

The reason that I stopped using a hedge trimmer was that my hands
and arms got tired, and it slipped from my grip a few times. I
was able to jump clear (my reactions are still good), but felt
that it was too risky to carry on. Your remark about using a
bow saw causing strain makes me think you are not so different.

A hedge trimmer will make a mess of your leg, but even just a
glorified jigsaw could cut through to a major vein or artery.
It isn't as likely to as a chainsaw, of course.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.