Old 18-09-2003, 05:12 PM
Thes

Default Daffodil ID help

Aphodius wrote:
"Thes" wrote in a message:

Hi Folks,

I've been asked to identify a flower by my mother, and I can tell it's a
daffodil (I have a picture, but nowhere to put it - or the know-how).
It's a double-flowered variety with a white cup, but the unusual thing
is that the inner ruffly petals are a mix of white and green.

If that rings a bell for anyone, do you recall a variety name?

Any help appreciated.

Thes.

As there are so many double-flowered daffodil mixtures available in a
variety of colour combinations, it is hard to identify just one. Is your
daffodil long, medium or short stemmed and is it scented? Try J. Parker
Dutch Bulbs, they had a mixed long stemmed double daffodil collection

last
year and have a very good website www.jparkers.co.uk

Aphodius
---

Thanks for the reply. The flower is about 30-40cm high and unscented
(from what I understand, it's many thousands of miles away!). I did look
at that site and a lot of others and can't find anything quite like it.
I'm thinking that the green colouration will pade to yellow or white, so
it may be more recognisable then.

Thanks for the help.
Thes.