Old 18-09-2003, 06:32 PM
David W.E. Roberts

Default Grape vine recommendations

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:41:55 +0100, "David W.E. Roberts"
wrote:

Black Hamburgh - sold by my local Notcutts as a foliage plant but grows
vigorously and produces plenty of grapes.
These are not like the ones you buy in the shop - much smaller - but
distinctly edible.

Thanks David
Black Hamburg is the one I have on my allotment, and it only produces
(When it does!) fruit the size of blackcurrants and pippy! This is
the one which didn't flower at all this year, until NOW!

Pam in Bristol

Well whip me with a courgette for a fool.
Just checked the label and it is in fact Brant.
Loads of grapes, most just ripening, but those in full sun seem to be
mildewed whereas those in shade look fine (possibly because they set later).

I bought two - the one in the pot by the house on the south facing wall
succumbed to the dreaded vine weevil but the one in the ground by the north
facing fence has thrived and is now going rampant over our pergola.

David
searching for his remaining brain cell in Suffolk :-(