Old 18-09-2003, 07:22 PM
The Q

Default Power saws and cuttoing back Leyllandi

Back to the original question Well yes I've used a reciprocating electric
saw. For the less than 5 inch trees and branches I prefer it to the
chainsaw. It's much quieter, lighter and less vibration than the chain but I
still wouldn't call it light by the end of a long session. A reciprocating
blade saw while not stopping instantly you let go, it does does quicker than
most powered saws.

The one I use is the FERM Saw Which Screwfixs' own brand. Apart from being
one of the cheapest it comes with a three year guarrentee, they stck
"pruning blades for it as well as others, Oh and you can buy your RCD from
them at the same time!

The Q