Old 18-09-2003, 09:51 PM
Diane Mancino

Default Does anyone not like The Orchid Thief?

I was the only one in the room to finish the movie- and I had a neutral
opinion. There was a 1 hr program last night on Nova on orchids- that was
ok, but I think because I read so much on the internet, it was just ok. It
was neat to see the hunt though and how the natives got involved. the huge
growing houses in Florida are HUGE! I'd love to see that in person.

"Dewitt" wrote in message
On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:14:49 -0400, "Doris" wrote:

I didn't finish it either. That was one boring book. I can't believe they

made a movie out of it.

I'm in the process of reading it now, and will probably struggle
though and complete it. Yes, Hansen's book is much better. Orleans
mentioned that she first wrote a magazine article on the topic and
then decided to write a book. That's pretty much how it reads - a
magazine article with a whole lot of filler. Lord knows why she
included an entire chapter on Florida land scandels.

deg