Old 18-09-2003, 10:15 PM
Matt Helliwell

Default First time ponder, any thoughts for this design?

Josh wrote:
Hello, I am planning to buld my first pond.

9'x14' and 2' deep with a 15 foot waterfall/stream running down to it.
You can get a pretty good idea for my design so far from here

http://www.woosworld.net/pond/

Which part of the world are you in? Anywhere cold and I'd be tempted to
make it deeper to leave plenty of unfrozen water. Actually I'd make it
bigger and deeper anyway, but then I like digging holes!

Also, make sure you can net your pond in autumn, it looks like you've
got quite a few trees near by.

Finally, as your building it on a slight slope don't forget you'll need
to build up the bottom edge.

--
Matt Helliwell
www.helliwell.me.uk